“It is like a piece of cake!” – you might first think this when being asked how to tie a bow with wired ribbon.
Yes, this DIY crafting skill is very easy, yet not all of us can make the beautiful without learning a proper technique. Fortunately, I know some easy ways to a DIY bow from the wired ribbon.
How to Make a Bow with Wired Ribbon in 5 Fancy Ways?
Basic wired ribbon bow
Thanks, wikiHow, for this useful tutorial
In emergent cases when you have only a simple ribbon by your side, a basic bow is enough to beautify your items. What you need includes a pair of scissors and a wired ribbon.
Now, what to do:
- Step 1: Cut the ribbon to the length that suits your decorating purposes. For example, if you want a bow to tie shoelaces with, then cut the ribbon much thinner.
- Step 2: Find the center of the ribbon. Then, make an upward-pointing loop to each side of the ribbon.
- Step 3: Make a knot by crossing the loops over and under each other (check the image) while tugging on the loops to tighten the knot.
- Step 4: Pull the tails to the point that you think is suitable to put on your shoelaces. Straighten the know with your forefingers slipping under each side of the knot and them straighten out the edges.
- Step 5: Finally, trim the unnecessary tails. The wires insides the ribbons help to maintain the shape.
Looped bow out of wired ribbon
If you have more time, you might want to make a loopy bow, which can match with almost all items from gifts, clothes, trees, and even on your hair. This skill is more complicated than that of the basic wired ribbon bow, but can still be completely copied after several tries.
Check out the tutorial video or you can follow these following steps:
- Step 1: Prepare a 3-yard ribbon, a floral wire, wire cutters, and scissors.
- Step 2: Cut the ribbon over so that you can make a center loop. Then, pinch it at the base with your fingers. From that touchpoint, twist the tail facing up.
- Step 3: Make a small loop by twisting the ribbon as above. Keep a good space so that all the front side of the ribbon is always facing out.
- Step 4: Fold the ribbon opposite and repeat the process to make the second loop. Hold up the two created loops to the same length. Then, twist and pinch the ribbon at the base. Continue until you have three or five loops on each side.
- Step 5: Tighten the center loop with ribbon wire. Twist the wire together, yet, remember to keep an end of the wire longer. Next, grab the longer side and pull it through the center loop – around to the back and over the ribbon.
- Step 6: Twist the wire, flatten it down on the bow and trim the extra parts. Then, arrange the loop to create a full circle of the bow.
Stylish ribbon bow tie for your hair
This looks beautiful, right?
You can definitely use the basic bow or the looped bow for your hair. Just cut off the tails.
Interestingly enough, here I suggest a different way of how to tie a bow with a wired ribbon as a perfect accessory.
To start, make sure these items are at hand, including the headband (optional), a wire-edged ribbon (better with some pattern), a floral foam, two dowel rods, scissors, and a hot-glue gun.
- Step 1: Stick the two rods into the foam in order to keep the final wired-ribbon bow equal.
- Step 2: Place the prepared ribbon at the rods’ back and leave the tail at the size of a loop.
- Step 3: Wrap the wire carefully under the center of the ribbon. Several rounds are recommended. Twist the wire on the top and cut off the unnecessary parts. Then, press the wire flat against the bow. Do not forget to slip the loops off the center/
- Step 4: Use the hot-glue gun to fix the ribbon on the side of the headband and let it be to dry.
Rose bow maker easy steps
Let the expert from Fantastic Ribbons show you how to tie a bow with wired ribbon into gorgeous floral shape. Specifically, she recommended using the ribbon with lovely satin trim and wire running alongside each edge. Moreover, you should also leave the ribbon on the rail because you might hardly know how big the rose would be in the very first try.
- Step 1: Push one end of the wire out of the ribbon.
- Step 2: Start pulling and bunching up the ribbon. Simply put, how one wire taut with one hand and bring the ribbon down with the other hand. Tie a knot at the end to hold the ribbon in place.
- Step 3: Make a spiral shape by working the wired ribbon around itself.
- Step 4: Tie the pulled-out wire around the ribbon to make a rose bow.
Big wired-ribbon bow for a wreath
Come to think of the ribbon bows for the country wreath, you can make it yourself rather than wasting money to buy some. How can you make a bow out of ribbon is similar to some above, to be specific, the basic wired ribbon bow or looped bow?
The important thing is to choose a patterned ribbon that can match well with the spirit of the holidays or events, for example, the Christmas tree. It should feature the red color with golden patterns like bells or reindeers. Moreover, the size of the ribbon bow should be large.
Buy a Ribbon and Practice Creating a Bow Now!
To sum up, I have done with the guide on how to tie a bow with a wired ribbon. Take note of your DIY life hacks right away to use the very next time.
Otherwise, if you have any plan for the wired-ribbon bow, you should buy a rail of ribbon immediately and create several demo bows first to get the best outcome.