This happens sometimes, yet you delete history in Netflix the right way, and the very next morning, it is still visible there. Then, you wonder how to clear Netflix watch history – COMPLETELY.
Here come an easy way – ALWAYS WORKS. I promise.
How to Clear Netflix Watch History in 1 Min?
If you view Netflix on your household TV, you might not need to remove the watch history. However, in case you login from your friend’s TV, it is recommended that you log out and clear all you have seen so that the recommendations will not end up a mess next time.
Or, you just simply watch something that you do not want your parents, siblings, or friends to know.
Then, follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix on any browser and login to your account.
- Scroll down to My Profile (or choose the Profile icon at the upper right) and click on Viewing Activity.
- Delete the history by selecting the “X” icon next to the title to clear one by one or selecting Remove Series to clear all titles shown. You’ve done!
How to Recover The Deleted Netflix History?
Now that you search for how to clear Netflix watch history, but better safe than sorry, you should also take note on how to recover it in case you accidentally remove the history.
This is a really useful household tip.
Log out, then login
Sometimes the history is missing because of the poor internet connection rather than it is truly removed.
Then, the simplest solution is to logout of your account and login again and go to My Profile => View Activity => History.
Access support from Live Chat
If you re-login the account, yet the watch history is still not available, then get online support.
- Enter the Netflix and input your credentials
- Go to My Account => Help Center
- Describe your problem and scroll down to start the ticket
Call the toll-free number
In emergent cases that you have no time for typing and wait for the answer or you find live chat not very understandable. Then, you can call Netflix directly for further help.
Please dial +1-866-579-7172 and do as instructions. This number is toll-free!
Ask your problem in forums
Many people might come across the same issues and find out a helpful solution. For that reason, you can search “How to recover deleted history?” in forums.
Some places to ask are:
- NetFlix-Forums www.trueachievements.com/game/Netflix/forum
- NetFlix-Users forum: www.netflixusers.com
- NetFlix-Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/netflix
- NetFlix-Forum Topix: www.topix.com/forum/com/netflix
FAQs about Netflix
1. Can VPN unblock Netflix?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows accessing private networks and share data via public networks. Back then, the VPN was used to unblock Netflix in some areas such as China, Crimea, North Korea, etc.
So, if Netflix is not available in your country or your area, you might consider buying a VPN service.
2. What to do when figuring out unpermitted use of your account?
This, unfortunately, happens quite often.
The solution is to sign out of all the devices. Afterward, change into a stronger password.
3. How to set parental controls account?
I bet that your whole family shares the Netflix account. And, your kids might not help themselves from watching it whenever they can.
I always advise keeping an eye on the watch history by going to Manage Profile => Parental Controls and settings up.
4. Can I possibly watch Netflix offline?
No, you can’t.
Netflix itself is a streaming service. Thus, you can watch stuff with the internet connection available rather than download it.
5. Why did I fail to stream Netflix in HD?
It might be because you are using the Basic plan.
Consider upgrading your account to Standard and Premium plans.
6. Can I watch Netflix on traveling?
Yes, as long as your account is still valid and you have a connection to stable wifi.
7. What devices to get connected to Netflix?
Many, you can use the TV, phone, laptop, tablet, computer, gaming console, Blu Ray player, HDTV, set-top box, etc.
8. How many devices can share an account at a time?
For the Basic plan, you can connect multiple devices to one account, but only one device is allowed.
That of the Standard plan is two, and of the Premium plan is four.
9. How to change the plan on Netflix?
Go to My Profile => Change Plan and check available streaming plans.
Then, make a choice on your budget.
10. How to cancel the subscription?
One-click on the “Cancel Membership” under My Profile means you submit the cancellation request. If you change your mind afterward, you can just restart your plan – also under My Profile.
The Last Thought
Knowing how to clear Netflix watch history means you can freely see whatever you want without worrying about a mess-up menu. More importantly, you can hide your favorite from whoever you might not want them to concert with, for example, your parents (LOL.)